‘Mineral sunscreen’ and ‘no white cast’ are two things that don’t typically go together. Since mineral SPF relies on ingredients like zinc oxide (AKA white minerals by nature), the white cast is an indication that the SPF is doing its job and creating a physical layer of protection, although quite an unflattering one.
But that’s where tinted SPF comes in. We’re excited to finally introduce Rose From Above, our newest SPF35 Mineral Sunscreen Base. This powerhouse product is designed to be a soothing primer, skin barrier protector, and tinted moisturizer with SPF — all in one.
Here’s everything you need to know about our exciting launch!
What’s to love about Rose From Above?
Like we said, it’s a multi-purpose product that ticks all the boxes of an everyday skincare staple. As a sunscreen, RFA provides SPF35 broad spectrum protection against UVA + UVB rays using non-nano zinc oxide. As a primer, it harnesses the power of upcycled rose oil to soothe, smooth, and help skin retain moisture all day. Meanwhile, it also boasts a unique combination of plant squalane, ceramides and antioxidant-rich plant extracts that strengthen the skin barrier and keep external aggressors at bay. The result? A lightweight base layer that works excellently as a primer for make-up, or on its own for natural, skin-but-better coverage. Because of its gentle formulation, Rose From Above is a great sunscreen for sensitive skin but can be loved by all skin types!
An innovative, sustainable formula
As you may have noticed, we’ve increasingly been incorporating upcycled ingredients in our products to ramp up our sustainability initiatives. With Ease Up Watery PHA Oil Cleanser, we used upcycled fig extract from food waste to bring our dream facial wash to life. This time, upcycled rose oil takes center stage.
This star ingredient is a pure form of rose water, distilled from exhausted rose petals that would’ve otherwise been thrown away. Not-so-fun fact: in the traditional manufacturing process, nearly every step yields waste – including the cultivation of the plant, extraction, and commercial production. Upcycling ingredients means that we’re able to keep waste from ending up in a landfill, transforming them into skincare products you’ll love.
By our community, for our community
We always design our products with our community in mind. To create Rose From Above, we tapped over 150 customers and brand fans as part of our Beta Tester Program. Together, we gathered real-time feedback into product performance to come up with the perfect formula that fits the needs of our community, majority of which are medium to olive skin tones.
As a brand that is P.O.C.-founded and operated, we know firsthand how challenging it is to find a mineral SPF that suits people in the middle of the color spectrum. Of course, we understand that shade range is a critical part of inclusivity, and we aim to offer more shades for more humans in the future!
Rose From Above SPF 35 Mineral Sunscreen Base Ingredients Breakdown:
- 15.7% Zinc Oxide: Mineral zinc oxide-based physical sunscreen to shield against UVA/UVB rays.
- Upcycled Rose Oil: Nourishing rose oil sustainably distilled from upcycling exhausted rose petals for primed, prepped, and hydrated skin
- Plant Squalane + Ceramides: Skin-conditioning duo that keeps skin barrier healthy by forming a protective layer against external aggressors
- Yucca Root and Desert Extracts: A combo of Yucca Root, Desert Sand Verbena, and Jacob Cactus extract for soothing, anti-oxidizing, and anti-inflammatory skin benefits.
How To Use:
- Apply up to 3 pumps, one for each side of your face, including your forehead and neck.
- Use on its own as a tinted moisturizing primer, or as the final step in your skincare routine.
- Re-apply every 2 hours or immediately after sweating, swimming or toweling.
Additional Product Attributes Include:
- 50% Recycled Plastic Packaging
- Certified Plastic Neutral and Climate Neutral
- PETA Certified Cruelty-Free
- Derm-Tested and Clinically Tested
- NO: Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Silicone, Synthetic Fragrance
Rose From Above is officially available for $26 on everyday-humans.com, and will hit select retailer shelves nationwide soon.
We hope you love Rose From Above as much as we do!